Job Description: Denver, Colorado
Company: Denver Industrial Pumps, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40
Employment Type: Regular
Denver Industrial is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team. This role will focus on growing the Denver Industrial business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within his/her defined geography and accounts. The territory for this position would include the state of Colorado.
The Outside Sales Representative’s (OSR) main purpose is to grow sales of Denver Industrial products by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling the key activities that will lead to increased sales to end users, contractors and OEMs. The OSR will work to make Key Decision Makers aware of Denver Industrial’s products & their benefits and maintain & manage a network of manufacturers. As part of the job, the OSR is responsible for developing, executing and maintaining a territory growth plan with the goal to increase Denver Industrial’s market share within the industrial market. Relocation for this position will be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
What is the job about?
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers by phone.
- Develops, maintains, and executes a territory sales plan.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Maintains data relative to partners, accounts, and activities, and documents customer interactions. Prepares reporting as needed.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Takes part in continued Education and Training programs and seminars, offered through and by manufacturers, to obtain and advance product, market and technical knowledge.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or business along with 0-2 years of experience in the pump industry.
- Professional sales skills including key account strategies and plans.
- Introductory knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs
- Must be able to travel up to 50%, if necessary, both domestically and internationally. Thus, candidates should be able to maintain valid identification
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Denver Industrial
Denver Industrial Pumps/Pump & Process Solutions is a leading pump distributor/representative for Colorado, Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain Region. The company offers innovative pumping solutions & integrated supply services that utilizes our extensive and vast product knowledge in pumps, flow meters, filtration and accessories. Denver Industrial Pumps, Inc. is a stocking distributor with repair and fabrication capabilities to provide total customer solutions.
An inclusive team
If you like the look of this job and know you can bring your skills to contribute to our purpose, please apply. We need and welcome professional people from all backgrounds. Apply: Send your CV to DavidS@Denverpumps.com If you would like to dig deeper into the Denver Industrial universe, please visit us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/denver-industrial-pumps-inc-/.